Wednesday 15 June 2016

New Order of Polymer Jewellery Supplies Has Arrived - Part 1

Dear Readers,

So, part 1 of my latest order of jewellery supplies arrived this morning--yay!

Look how pretty it all looks:



Here, we have:

  • H&S Findings Large set of jewellery supplies (including many different fastenings--all of which are silver-plated--and pliers). 
  • 650g of H&S polymer clay, in 26 different colours. Plus this pack includes 5 modelling tools.
  • The Art of Polymer Clay: Millefiori Techniques by Donna Kato 
  • Polymer Clay Jewellery for Beginners by Sue Heaser
I haven't tried H&S polymer clay before--as I normally use the Sculpey brand--but I'm exciting to start experimenting with these different colours, and blending them together. 

This H&S jewellery fittings set is the first lot of jewellery fittings that I have bought! I've just gone through all the different jewellery pieces--16 different items--and we have: black waxed nylon cord, clear beading elastic, silver tiger tail beading wire, silver memory wire, lobster clasps, flower bead caps, calottes, filigree spacer beads, fish hook ear wires, two different sizes of jump rings, headpins, eye pins, metal spacer beads, and crimp beads!

Plus, my Sculpey Bake and Bond came as well!


This is basically super strong glue that's manufactured especially for polymer clay.

I'm still waiting for the second part of my order to arrive--stencils, shaped cutters, and a clay conditioning machine--but in the meantime, I'm starting to map out some designs. And I'm really excited to start using some coloured clay. Previously, I've painted (using acrylics) my clay creations, made from white ultra light Sculpey:



So I'm exciting to see which different effects I can get by starting with coloured clay.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment